Monday, December 31, 2012

A "wild" way to celebrate the coming of a new year

The only New Year's Eve "noise makers" you'll hear from me tonight will be that coming from aging, creaking joints and the "ugh" I make when I climb out of the recliner as I shuffle off to bed.

As for tomorrow; well, no parades for me unless you think watching a string of wintering woodland birds being observed from an archery deer-hunting blind is better than looking at a bunch of floats decorated with soon-to-be-dead flowers.

As for tomorrow night, I'll leave the TV set on in case Bev wants to watch something

 My favorite game players will be Team Wildlife, with me watching the happenings of fox squirrels, great-horned owls, Cooper's hawks and the like viewed from another deer-hunting blind at a different place. 

Feel free to welcome 2013 your way... I kind of like mine just the way it is, thank you...

- Jeffrey L. Frischkorn
JFrischkorn@News-Herald.com
Twitter: @Fieldkorn

No comments:

Post a Comment