Monday, January 21, 2013

Knee replacement has me in writing hibernation

In an effort to heal from a total replacement of my left knee performed on January 16, I've been ordered by the paper's powers-that-are to hold off writing about anything and anywhere until the orthopedic surgeon gives the okay to return to work.

Rats.

That includes keeping this blog updated.

Double rats.

Tentatively I'm expected to need four to six weeks for the left knee to heal sufficiently. That slides me up to when the steelhead will most likely be in the creeks, spawning.

And also when the gobblers start strutting their stuff in the woods of Ashtabula County.

It could be worse, of course. Not sure exactly how, but it is possible. If nothing else this becomes a motivating factor in wanting/trying to get well.

Until whenever, take care and we'll touch base again.

- Jeffrey L. Frischkorn
JFrischkorn@News-Herald.com
Twitter: @Fieldkorn




No comments:

Post a Comment